Monday, November 17, 2008

Rams & Pygmy Cories!

Bubbles hasn't been feeling well for over a week. She has been acting half-dead. She's barely active and spends a lot of time upside down. Well, I moved her from her upside down position to the middle of the tank before feeding time. I threw down a cube of snail jello near her, and when I came back, this is what I saw. In case its hard to see, she is managing to hold up the entire cube of snail jello.



Above are two of my newest babies....two Bolivian Rams. I'm pretty sure they have paired up as they never leave each others sight. It's quite adorable. They are both very peaceful fish, and they are very curious about humans. When I am sitting there, they like to slowly come up the glass and watch me as I watch them.

Here are more of the new occupants....the cat pack. A school of 10 pygmy cories. I had a very hard time getting a decent picture of them! They move so fast. They are probably the cutest thing in my tank. I expected them to be bottom-dwellers.....no, the whole tank is their turf. They spend just as much time in the upper areas as they do down below. They LOVE playing with the danios. They school with them often. They also are the only thing in the tank that chases the danios. Up until now, the danios have been the rulers of the tank kingdom (specifically Gertrude, my chubby alpha female). Well, the cat pack has shaken things up!!!! They have put the danios in their place- despite being only a 1/3 the size of a danio....lmao. It's crazy to watch!


Sorry, I don't have any new full tank shots. The tank looks about the same (scroll down). The plants are filling in on either side, and I have to trim them weekly (which is encouraging them to branch nicely) .

The next thing I am working on is getting the 10g setup so it can become a QT for when I am setting up the 20g.

No comments:

Post a Comment